Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Outfit: May 4th – Navy and Blue

05-05-17b


05-05-17


05-05-17c


05-05-17d


05-05-17e


05-05-17f


So, this skirt. I picked it up in a charity shop, what, three summers ago? What can I say, I’m drawn to spots and stripes in charity shops. And each year I have it in my head that it’s too short/tight/not right. And it turns out it’s none of those things. It did have quite a big split up the back, which is where the ‘too short’ association came from I think. But when I put it on this morning I found that I had sewn up that split last summer so now it’s fine at the back. (And I had completely forgotten doing it too.) The skirt is from Next and the length is fine. I’m loving pencil skirts and drapey tops right now so it’s nice to have a lighter-weight skirt option for the warmer months (if they ever appear). Ooh, I could pair my slouchy striped sweater with this skirt next week if the weather doesn’t warm up…

The shoes are from Kaleidoscope of all places. I had never looked at the Kaleidoscope website before this year, but when I was searching for the nude patent shoes I wore to the wedding we went to recently the option I ended up buying popped up on Google and so I took a look. And whilst I was looking, I spotted these lace ups. Now you know how I feel about lace up flats, and especially ones with pointy toes, and I had a birthday coming up so they went straight onto my wishlist and my lovely mother bought them for me. They are the perfect shade of bright blue and thanks to the little zip up the back of them you don’t have to faff about tying the laces so that makes them super easy to put on and take off.

The top is one of the Boohoo tops that I’m still obsessed with, I can see myself wearing these, or the New Look cross strap ones, and distressed jeans all summer long.

Jacket – George at Asda
Top – Boohoo
Skirt – Next (charity shop)
Shoes – Kaleidoscope (gifted)
Necklace – gifted

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment