Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Outfit: February 20th – Stripe Dress and Chelsea Boots

20-02-17


20-02-17b


20-02-17c


20-02-17d


20-02-17e


20-02-17f


20-02-17g


I am loving this dress! I went back to see whether they had any other colours and they did, pale grey and pale/blush pink. I already have a pale grey dress and I’m not really into the blush pink that is everywhere right now so I didn’t get a second one. Perhaps they will release some more colours later on? I’d be really tempted if they did as the fabric is lovely and thick and at just £10 a pop you can’t really go wrong. And I figure that once the ridiculous big ruffle sleeve trend is over I can just unpick the ruffles or take them off, leaving me with a classic little striped tunic dress that’s heavy enough for winter wear. Win!

The mild temperatures are continuing but over the weekend we went up to a reservoir at not quite the highest point of the M62 and had a walk around it. It was a bit fresher up there but mostly dry so great for walking. The reservoir (Scammonden Dam) was created by flooding a village and this is the second one of these I’ve come across in Yorkshire (Thruscross near Harrogate is the other one which I think is more famous). This is a concept that fascinates me because it’s not something I can see happening today, but seems to have been quite common in the 1960s. The church and school are still on the hillside above Scammonden Dam, which at first seemed a random location as there are so few dwellings around there, but after Googling the history it suddenly made sense.

20170219_135325

20170219_132839

20170219_135328

I also picked up my new glasses over the weekend so this is my first post wearing them. I will do a proper post about them as my last ‘My New Glasses’ post was and remains one of my most popular.

Dress – Primark
Tights – Primark
Boots – Primark
Silver necklace – gifted
Wood heart necklace – Scope
Bangle – M&S (free on 3 for 2

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment