Thursday, August 20, 2015

Outfit: Flares and Stripes

18-08-15


18-08-15c


18-08-15f


NOW Discount Red


Once upon a time (10 years ago?) I would wear flared jeans all the time. Then skinny jeans became a thing, took over the world, and my flares languished at the bottom of my jeans pile, unloved. This pair is one of only two I currently own in a wider leg and it feels like a fresh, new silhouette for me (even though it really isn’t). These jeans aren’t even true flares, they’re The Bootcut by Next but still, after super skinnies, any width on the leg opening feels like a lot.

18-08-15b


The trouble is that skinnies are just so much more practical then flares or bootcuts. For one thing, you don’t need different lengths for heels or flats. If it rains you can wear your boots over your skinnies, avoiding that horrible feeling of wet denim flapping about your ankles. And you don’t need to wear trainers with a chunky sole (as I had to; thank goodness for Skechers Shape Ups) if you want to get out for a walk at lunchtime.

18-08-15d


I feel as though I’m all leg in flared jeans too. I mean, I am all leg all of the time but with the extra, foot covering fabric of flares my legs appear longer. Which I suppose is the point of flares/bootcuts for most people: their leg lengthening ability. But when you’re 5’11” and most of your height is in your legs, I’m not entirely sure you need further help on the leg lengthening front.

18-08-15e


On an unrelated note: it looks like red and orange are the colours of the month on my blog. I promise I am wearing other colours on days when I don’t take pictures.

Shrug – New Look Tall
Top – Primark
Jeans – Next Tall (eBay)
Shoes – c/o NOW Discount Shoes


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment