Monday, January 05, 2015

How To Use Make Up To Look Better When You Have a Cold

The Friday before Christmas I caught a cold. Now don’t go feeling too sorry for me, I wasn’t that bad but the constant drippy nose was more than annoying. I spent the weekend make up free because, really, what the point when you’re not going out and no one is going to see you?

However, by the time Tuesday rolled around I was feeling much better and I had to go back to work anyway, but I was still blowing my nose a lot. So here is my recommendation for a base that will stand up to several nose blows, and a trick to make you look more awake than you actually are.




First up, foundation. I have been using Max Factor’s Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation recently which I bought because it seemed to give good coverage, it was a semi-compact formula and it wasn’t too expensive (£12.99 in Boots and it was on a buy one, get one half price offer at the time). I found that by applying that, then putting Seventeen’s Miracle Matte powder over the top the result was a long-lasting coverage, even when blowing my nose a lot.

Secondly, the trick for making you look wider awake than you actually are. I claim no credit for this one as I saw it on Tati’s YouTube channel a few months back. Basically you need a white eye pencil (I like Rimmel’s Soft Kohl Kajal one, again because it’s cheap (£2.99 in Boots) and because it goes on easily and lasts) and you line your lower water line with it. This makes your eyes look bright and awake, a great way to fake it when you have a cold.

What do you do differently in your beauty routine when you’re feeling under the weather?


Follow me on:

1 comment: