Monday, February 24, 2014

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2013/14 Save 59 | How to Wear Black with Navy

24-02-14


24-02-14e


Jana Rahbini black ankle boot


Meet my new favourite boots everyone! I wore these last Thursday (they arrived c/o the lovely people at Sarenza on Wednesday) and again yesterday when we went into town for a wander around. I had already planned out today’s outfit with them too... They are super comfy (we must have been on our feet a good two and a half hours yesterday) and I never thought I’d say this again, but I love the block heel. When I tried them on Wednesday afternoon they immediately reminded me of a pair of boots I had when I was in the 6th form which had a similar height heel, but didn’t really feel like heels to me. I think those boots actually belonged to my sister but I wore them all the time. They were black and laced up and had a rubber sole and block heel. This new pair reminded me of those in that when I put them on they didn’t feel like heels to me. I knew they were going to be winners and I’m sure I will wear them a whole lot. They are by Jana according to the Sarenza website, but they say Soft Line on them and that’s what it said on the box which had me thinking that was the brand. I am a big fan of ankle boots at the moment and I especially like the stud detailing on these.

24-02-14c


Last week Allie of Wardrobe Oxygen wrote a couple of posts about mixing black with navy and that gave me the idea for this outfit. I am cheating slightly here as I’ve added some denim too, but as it was quite warm and spring-like yesterday a navy blazer seemed like a good idea today.

24-02-14b


24-02-14d


I put a black and white striped top underneath it (because who doesn’t like stripes, right?) and added black tights and black boots. As long as it looks purposeful, mixing navy and black is something to be embraced.

Navy jacket – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Black and white top – Zara (sale)
Denim skirt – Debenhams (sale)
Black tights – Primark
Black faux suede boots – Jana (c/o Sarenza)
Silver necklace – New Look (sale)
Silver square hoops – Claire’s


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment