Thursday, January 23, 2014

Outfit: Boring Black?

23-01-14b


23-01-14d


23-01-14f


LK Bennett Shilo


What do you think of an all black outfit? Boring or chic? Unimaginative or classic?

23-01-14e


23-01-14


Last year I was firmly in the ‘unimaginative and boring’ camp, but recently I’ve been drawn to all black ensembles as a way to showcase accessories. Today, for example, I added some oversize silver pieces – the necklace, the belt buckle – some burgundy shoes and a co-ordinating scarf and suddenly the outfit was pepped up about 80%.

23-01-14c


Do you regularly wear black head to toe? Or do you prefer more colourful ensembles?

Black polo neck sweater – New Look Tall
Black jeans – Next Tall (eBay)
Burgundy patent shoes – LK Bennett (c/o Sarenza)
Burgundy and black scarf – River Island (sale)
Silver necklace – Primark
Silver hoops – gifted
Snakeskin belt – local boutique


Follow me on:

5 comments:

  1. I would find it almost impossible to wear head to toe black as I own so few black items! Definitely a colour girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These guys are looking for fashion bloggers to try their glasses for free!
    http://www.firmoo.com/z/faceted-jeweled-eyeglasses.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! And thanks for the tip off about Firmoo. I've tweeted them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look gorgeous in all black! Not at all boring, but very chic and sexy! I really enjoy reading your blog - thank you for keeping it up. I especially enjoy reading about your day to day life - too charming! Makes me want to visit the seaside towns such as Whitby, and I'm envious that you live in such a great area, able to visit w/friends or family easily (my family are very far apart), and as a FL native, I would enjoy the change of cooler weather! :) Again, thank you for blogging, you have a unique voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black skivvy + black jeans is and always will be chic :)

    ReplyDelete