Tuesday, August 27, 2013

VO5 Gel Wax Review


I used to use VO5’s Gel Wax about 10 years ago, to smooth out my hair after blow drying. I don’t really know why I stopped using it, but I did.

A few weeks ago I got my hair cut and pair particular attention to the products my hairdresser used when doing my blow dry. She always applies Tigi Bed Head Control Freak Serum and a good dousing of Queen For A Day spray before drying. I’ve been using a volumising spray for a while but decided to get some gel or wax or something to use too. I was in Boots and went straight for the VO5 Gel Wax because I had good memories of it. Reading the back of the tub I was pleased to see that it said you could use it on wet or dry hair and it was only £3.89 so I bought some.

The formula has changed a bit since I last used it and it goes kind of stringy when you scoop some out of the tub. It smells good though, very professional-hairdresser-y if that’s a thing. I usually apply my volumising spray first and comb it through, then rub some of the gel wax between my hands and apply that with my fingers. I then blow dry my hair with my head upside down, using a round brush to pull it straight when it’s almost dry. I find the gel wax really helps to define my layers, something I was really struggling with achieving until recently. Occasionally I smooth a bit more on after straightening to give further definition. I really recommend VO5’s Gel Wax for style definition and will continue to use it on my hair.

Buy it at Boots.


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment