Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #75 and Grey and Blue

28-11-12d


28-11-12e


Blue OTK


Yesterday I cooked a whole chicken in my slow cooker for the first time and it turned out fabulous! I put it in breast-down with ¾ pint of stick in the morning and about 10 hours later took it out and it fell apart. The whole thing, bones and all. I didn’t need to carve it and de-boning it was easy – I just picked the meat out. It was so much easier than roasting it in the oven and I’ll definitely be doing it again.

28-11-12b


After tea I went to step class then came home and finished addressing my Christmas cards whilst watching Mythbusters. I was going to go for a shower after that but got to channel hopping and found that Last Tango in Halifax was on, a drama series on BBC One that we watched the first part of last week.

28-11-12c


These boots were bought on eBay a couple of years ago. They are cheap as chips faux suede and are bound to fall apart at some point, but I love the colour and I only paid £20 for them I think. They are marked a size 43 but are a large 41 at a push. They fit me OK though so that’s all that matters.

28-11-12


I decided my blue flat boots were for the bin last night the blue has started to crack and peel off the top of the foot. This is a good thing and a bad thing. It’s good because my shoe collection was creeping upwards again and I wanted to get rid of a pair I was yet to save in the Shoeper Challenge but I didn’t really want to part with any. Now the decision has been made for me. It’s bad because I loved those boots. They are years old and cost about £15 from Priceless. They have had a LOT of wear (including a long weekend tramping around Amsterdam 6 Christmases ago) so I can’t really complain but they were really comfy and such a great colour.

Blue cardi – Next Tall (eBay)
Grey knit dress – Kew 159
Grey tights – Tesco?
Blue boots – eBay
Silver glitter belt – local boutique
Silver and blue snowflake earrings – Etsy

Total Est. Cost £71

2 comments:

  1. I love the blue boots, cheap though they may be. Wear them until they fall apart. :) I've not been as big a fan of yesterday's purple ones but they were absolutely perfect with that dress so maybe I had judged them to harshly when you first got them. I will have to search back to see which flat blue boots you are discarding. I'm not picturing them off the top of my head. Anyway, you look fab, as usual!

    ReplyDelete