Thursday, October 25, 2012

Outfit: Black, Brown and Leopard

25-10-12e


25-10-12


25-10-12c


October25


LK Bennett Bruton nude toe caps


I always say that the easiest way to mix black and brown is to add something leopard print as that tends to combine the colours anyway. There is no need to do that, there’s nothing wrong with wearing the two shades together, but if you’re worried about mixing black and brown then leopard always helps to make it look like you did it on purpose. Plus it adds some interest in the form of a print to an otherwise dark shaded outfit. I wore my faux-leather jacket over instead of a coat. The temperature is set to nose dive tomorrow and there will only be so many more days when a faux-leather jacket will be warm enough.

25-10-12b


Last night I baked some more pumpkin buns when I got home. My awesome little sister had managed to find some canned pumpkin at Waitrose which made the whole process much easier. I played around with my quantities a bit as I had some cake mix left over from last time, and I added some water as the batter was too thick (due to the extra dry ingredient and the canned pumpkin having much less liquid in it than homemade puree), but got 48 small buns out of it so they’re still just 1 WW point each! After tea I made some leek and potato soup, some of which I had for my lunch today.

25-10-12f


Then I watched Mythbusters and played around on the internet, looking at the various tributes to Ceefax (BBC) and Teletext (ITV & Channel 4) that were around yesterday due to the final analogue signal (and therefore teletext service) being switched off. Back in the days before the internet and digital TV guides, teletext was the quickest way to find out what was on TV (we used the Now/Next page at home all the time), as well as to check the news, weather and Top 40 singles chart. Channel 4 ran a daily quiz called Bamboozle which had multiple choice questions that you answered using the four coloured ‘fast text’ buttons on your remote control. It was cutting edge technology back then, I tell you!

Black polo neck – Long Tall Sally
Brown cord trousers – Long Tall Sally
Leopard print scarf – H&M
Black and tan shoes – LK Bennett (c/o Sarenza)
Cream and silver bead cluster – New Look
Silver earrings – gifted

Total Est. Cost £82

3 comments:

  1. Ok I really like this hairstyle too! I've not seen you style it liked this before, it's really nice & you look really trim in those jeans. I need to tone up my mummy tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I don't do it like this often but every time I do, I wonder why I don't do it more as I really like it too! The cords were really comfy too, they'll definitely be getting a lot of wear this winter.

    My sister just had a baby and she is trying to tone up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your look lady.
    that leopard scarf is killing and that Brown trousers is stunning.You look really pretty good in this outfit.

    http://www.shopjessicabuurman.com/lookbook-street-fashion_c314

    ReplyDelete