Monday, September 24, 2012

Outfit: Rainy Monday (and Weekend Recap)

23-09-12c


23-09-12b


23-09-12e


September24


LK Bennett Shilo


It’s raining. It’s horrid and wet out. I even took my wellies to work this morning in case I had to paddle – the area outside my office front door floods each time it rains. I complain about it each time but nothing seems to get done about it. Fortunately there was just enough space to go around the water so my shoes didn’t get ruined.

23-09-12d


Friday night was wet too. I was busy when I got home: I put a chicken in to roast, made some leek and potato soup, washed and dried some towels and changed the bed sheets. We had the chicken for tea and the soup went in the fridge for the weekend.

22-09-12


22-09-12b


22-09-12c


LK Bennett Zella navy wedge


Let’s go back to Saturday though, which was much sunnier. I went to meet my sister in Harrogate and we had a lovely day wandering around the shops. We went for afternoon tea in the Crown Hotel which was delicious. When I got home I heated up some of the soup for my tea and cooked for the young man who had been out on his motorbike all day. In the evening I switched over my wardrobe and listed a few items on eBay that I haven’t worn this summer. I found a dress that I was sure I had got rid of, plus a couple of other items I had sort of forgotten about. That’s the beauty of packing away your off-season clothes: it’s like you have a whole new wardrobe twice a year!

Navy wrap sweater – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Navy top – H&M
Jeans – MiH (TK Maxx)
Snakeskin belt – local boutique
Navy wedges – LK Bennett (c/o Sarenza)
Blue beads – gifted

Total Est. Cost £70

23-09-12


Yesterday I did some washing in the morning, vacuumed and made some croutons to go in the remains of the soup for lunch. We thought about going for a walk in the afternoon but then it started raining. I baked some muffins and then made tea. We had a quiet evening in watching TV.

White and black striped shirt – Next
Black dress – H&M
Black jacket – Long Tall Sally
Black tights – M&Co
Burgundy shoes – LK Bennett (c/o Sarenza)
Black belt – free with a top
Red and cream scarf – charity shop
Whitby Jet cross – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £92

1 comment:

  1. Love both of these outfits - you look so dressy for a weekend of shopping and lunch - I love it! No one dresses up here, really. Which is fine, but it's fun to see people dress nice for hanging out.
    Today's work outfit is dreamy - I love the tied up hair too - it really sets off the outfit and it looks awesomely styled.
    Monday is finished - yay!

    ReplyDelete