Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #56 and a New Dress

22-08-12

22-08-12c

22-08-12d

August22

Georgia Rose tan boots

So it happened. Boots and tights in August. There were torrential downpours yesterday and more rain forecast for today, so out came the boots this morning. I had planned to wear them with knee high socks, but then decided this dress was a bit short for bare legs so tights it was. The dress was a weekend sale bargain – reduced from £40 to just £11.70 in Debenhams. It’s a size larger than I usually wear but that means it doesn’t gape in the skirt (something I’m always wary of with button front skirts) and there is enough room in the top to layer a sweater under it when it turns colder.

22-08-12b

Last night was step class and our regular instructor was back, so it was bit less complicated than last week’s moves. I got home and curled up on the sofa in my cosy hoodie (it turned cooler when it rained yesterday) and we watched Myth Busters then Secret Eaters on More 4.

22-08-12j

22-08-12k

These boots are my latest pick from Sarenza, using my voucher for this month. I had a pair of tan boots that I loved and wore constantly the past two or three winters (springs, summers and autumns) but they recently started leaking and had to be consigned to the bin. I knew I needed a replacement as they are such a wardrobe staple (tan boots go with everything) so was pleased to spot this pair by Georgia Rose in a size 42. I have a couple of pairs of Georgia Rose shoes and boots already so I knew they would be good quality and would be a good fit. I was right on both counts. The boots are leather inside and out, and I gave them a good spritz of waterproofing spray this morning. They will definitely be getting plenty of wear in the coming months – you’ll be sick of the sight of them before long!

22-08-12l

Denim dress – Maine at Debenhams
Brown tights – c/o Tightsplease
Brown belt – free with a skirt
Brown wood heart necklace – Scope
Silver hoops – gifted
Brown shell bracelet – gifted
Tan leather boots – Georgia Rose (c/o Sarenza)

Total Est. Cost £13

4 comments:

  1. Congrats of finding replacement tan boots. I was just sick that the old ones gave out as they looked great with so many styles. The outfit today looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you and me both. I have high hopes that these will be just as good as the old ones.
    And thank you!

    ReplyDelete