Monday, April 23, 2012

Shoeper Challenge 2012 #27 and A Weekend Recap

Saturday was a home-based day for me. I didn’t go out anywhere further than the back garden the whole day. I baked two cakes, cleaned the bathroom, vacced, did some washing, ironed and made a CD of mp3s for my car.

  22/04/2012 

My sister and her husband came over for tea and we had a game of His And Hers. My sister had requested a cheese board for dessert so I was more than willing to comply.

  22/04/2012 
 I have no outfit pictures from Saturday as I was just in scruffy jeans and a hoody until nearly tea time, and even then I didn’t put any shoes on. Here’s the recipe for that chocolate cake up there. It’s the healthy cake recipe I’ve been promising for a while and it’s only 2PP for the whole cake if you’re doing Filling and Healthy on WW. I found the recipe on the WW forums, and modified it slightly (added more sweetener and cocoa). 
1 400g tin chick peas 
3 medium eggs 
35g granulated sweetener 
1 1/2 tsp baking powder 
35g cocoa powder 

1. Wash, drain and then put chick peas in food processor and blend until smooth. 
2. Add other ingredients and blend until all mixed. 
3. Put into a baking tin either sprayed with oil or lined with baking parchment 
4. Cook Gas 4 180 degrees for about 22 mins until firm to touch. 
5. Cool on wire rack 

Spread some chocolate Philadelphia or chocolate spread on the top of a slice for an extra treat. 

Sunday I got up and went to church. I was on Junior Church teaching duty but in the end I didn’t have any children in my class so got to enjoy the whole service. In the afternoon I had planned to wash my car but it started raining around 11.30am and didn’t let up the whole afternoon. So I watched some episodes of Flying Doctors, caught up with various blogger videos and generally chilled out.

  22/04/2012 

I did manage to save a pair of shoes in the morning, despite the rain. I am a little tired of wearing boots all the time now, so I picked out some spring-like shoes but ones which are made of faux-patent leather so are waterproof. These were just £6 in Priceless Shoes last summer and I hope to get plenty of wear out of them this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment