Monday, November 07, 2011

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #90 and a Cold and Frosty Morning

07-11-11b


07-11-11e


November07


Hush Puppies Celia


Last night I went to join the lads and our friends from Saturday night at the pub for the fireworks and It. Was. Freezing. I had to take my hair out of the bun when I realised it wouldn’t fit under a hat tied up like that. The hat was definitely a necessity. The fireworks were excellent and the pub was serving and pie and pea supper afterwards. I declined this as I think pie and peas is the oddest combination – we’re talking traditional pork pie, not steak or anything, with mushy peas and mint sauce. Weird. I think it’s very local to the area I live in now: I’m from the north of Leeds originally and I had never come across the dish until I moved where I am now. There was also parkin on offer so I had a slice of that instead.

07-11-11c


This morning dawned bright and frosty and I enjoyed the sight of the white fields on my drive to work – another week or so and it will be dark at that time of the morning.

07-11-11d


I have a few errands to run today – there’s an eBay parcel to post and I need to call at ASDA on the way home for contact lens solution and some steak for a pie that the young man has requested to use up the blue cheese that’s in the fridge. I’ve found a Jamie Oliver recipe that doesn’t look too complicated, but it will have to wait for a day when I’m working at home later in the week as I will have to start cooking at dinner time for it to be ready for tea.

07-11-11


These boots are by Hush Puppies and I am glad I chose to save them today, as they are keeping my knees nice and warm. They were c/o Sarenza a few months back, but it hasn’t really been chilly enough to wear them until now. I am looking forward to wearing them over jeans – I tried them on with jeans when I first got them and they looked awesome. The skirt is vintage – it was my mom’s back in the 1960s/70s and was originally full length. The pattern was a bit much though, and besides, when am I ever likely to wear a full length velvet skirt? I had it shortened and it is much more wearable at this length.

Black sweater – Long Tall Sally
Velvet floral print skirt – vintage M&S
Black tights – M&Co
Black leather boots – Hush Puppies (c/o Sarenza)
Pink belt – charity shop
Pink beads – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £41

1 comment: