Monday, July 26, 2010

Review: Bloom Make Up

I was sent some samples of Bloom cosmetics a couple of weeks ago. Bloom is an Australian company, started in the 1990s by Natalie Bloom. It is being stocked in the UK by Superdrug.

I was sent various products to review so I shall talk about each one in turn.

Full & Flirty Waterproof Fake Lash Mascara

Bloom Fake Lash mascara


This was nothing special and certainly has nothing about it that will make me switch from my premium brand or current favourite high street ‘false lash effect’ mascara, but I did like the fact that the wand has lots of bristles on it to really fan out your eyelashes.

Eye Shadow Liner

Bloom shadow liner


I was sent this in Midnight Blue, a lovely deep royal blue colour – my favourite shade. The shadow liner is a cleverly shaped eye liner which doubles as a shadow thanks to its flat side. The narrow side lets you draw a precise line under your lash line and is smooth and easy to apply. The end twists up so no sharpening is required and it is protected from breakage once your twist it down again.

Lipstick and Lip Definer

Bloom lipstick


Bloom lip definer


I was sent the lipstick and definer pencil in Sweetheart, a lovely natural shade of dusky pink. I absolutely love these products and have used them quite a bit since my initial trial. The definer pencil glides on smoothly and the lipstick is rich and creamy, giving a good coverage and completely natural but full-lipped look.

Bloom cosmetics are available at Superdrug stores throughout the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment