Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Outfit: Casualisation of a Dress

28-04-10c

28-04-10e

28-04-10g

28-04-10h

April28

Matalan teal

I got this dress on eBay just before Christmas and as I never have anywhere to wear it, I decided to casualise it (and make up words whilst I was at it) for work. I admit that this idea was shamelessly stolen from Jentine over at My Edit who rocked a similar look a couple of days ago.

Show week is getting to me as I forgot to put on any jewellery before I took my pictures this morning. We are not allowed to wear jewellery (except for the turquoise bits I have on with my floral skirt but that is unusual) for the show so I get used to leaving the house each night without any. Consequently that then feels natural in the mornings. Once I remembered I added teal and silver bangles and a teal jewelled necklace.

I wasn’t sure whether this would work but I really like it and can see myself trying this dress out with other tops underneath it. Now all I have to do is try not to get chocolate on it like I did my skirt yesterday.

Black dress – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Plaid shirt – Primark
Teal belt – Claire’s
Teal wedges – Matalan
Teal necklace – Scope
Teal and silver bangles – Accessorize

Total Est. Cost £43

3 comments:

  1. PERFECT. You did a great job of styling that for day wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hat dress us HOT I'd like to see it without the shirt - but it's a great way of wearing it!!!

    Sal xXx

    ReplyDelete