Saturday, May 30, 2009

Outfit: Casual Sunny Saturday






I find it ironic that, given my extensive shoe collection, the most comfortable footwear I own cost just £2.94 from Primark. I had a pair of their flip flops last year – actually I think they were bought two or three years ago, and they were so comfy. I could walk miles in them and they never rubbed once. They eventually fell apart (well they were only £2 to start with) so yesterday I headed to Primark to see whether they had any flip flops made out of the same material. It’s not plastic and it’s not fabric, it’s just this really soft, foamy kind of stuff that doesn’t rub and doesn’t make your feet hot. I got two pairs – this turquoise & green pair and a purple & pink pair, all for less than £6.

Anyway, it’s hot and sunny out again. I’ve done loads of washing and run various errands this morning. I’m just taking a break from sitting in the sun with a book to type this, then I’ll head back out there to see whether the sheets are dry so I can remake the bed. The young man has gone for a cycle ride with the chap from next door and when he comes back I think we’re heading to the pub to meet some friends and then the plan is for a BBQ later on.

The crop jeans are from several years ago but I love that they are stone wash and a little distressed – bang on trend for this season!

Blue top – Primark
Crop jeans – New Look
Turquoise flip flops – Primark
Blue necklace & ring – Dorothy Perkins
Blue bead bracelet – gifted
Sunglasses – Ethel Austin

Total Est. Cost £29

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love those cheap favorites! :) They look great and you look so comfy and beach-worthy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's just a shame that the beach is 70 miles away in either direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and just right for this weather - hope it lasts!!

    ReplyDelete