Thursday, March 26, 2009

Review: Freedom From Eye Floaters e-Book

I have talked quite a lot lately about eyes and eye sight on this blog, what with getting contact lenses and my new glasses. So when I was asked review an e-book about eye floaters, I thought it would fit in quite nicely with the recent discussions.

Sam Rogers began to suffer from eye floaters when he was around age 30. He consulted various optometrists and was told that same thing: the floaters were generally harmless and there was nothing that could be done about them. There is no official cure. One day he says he “stumbled upon the TRUE secret” whilst travelling abroad, and since then has not been troubled by eye floaters. He has now put pen to paper and revealed his secret in an e-book.

I have read the book and I would say that it is not particularly well written. The grammar is quite poor in places and I find that rather irritating and unnecessary, especially in something I am supposed to have paid for. Paid $29.95 for at that. That’s £20.65 for a 35 page book. Not the best value for money.

The book provides a general description and discussion about eye floaters. Much of the same information is on the eye floaters information website or could easily be found elsewhere on the internet with a simple Google search.

Eye floaters generally harmless, though you should consult and optician if the problem develops for the first time, or an existing problem worsens. However, I could be wrong. I see floaters in front of my eyes, I have done for many years, since I was around 11 years old (which incidentally coincides with the worsening of my short sight or myopia) but as I do not suffer from a persistent condition ie. the floaters do not bother me in the slightest. Perhaps $29.95 is a small price to pay if you are plagued by eye floaters to the point that they drive you to distraction.

Payment of the $29.95 is by Paypal if you do want to buy the book, and it can be ordered here.

2 comments:

  1. I know it isn't any help, but my eye doctor assures me that it is actually "headaches" causing the floaters. Even at times when you don't "realize" that you have a headache. Of course, he keeps me on a tight schedule of reschedules ...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this eye floaters ebook fairly good: http://www.noeyefloaters.com

    It's a Psychological based solution.

    ReplyDelete