Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New T Shirt – Betty Boop!


I am so into logo t shirts at the moment, and fortunately they are everywhere in the shops. I have been admiring this one in Dorothy Perkins for some weeks now. Although it is not from the Tall section it looks like it is a good length. I went to my local store yesterday afternoon with every intention of buying it, but alas, they didn’t have it. So I ordered it online in the evening. As the difference in shipping cost was only £1, I opted for the express service and so it should be with me tomorrow. I had a sweatshirt as a child that featured Betty Boop and wore it to death. I don’t know why she has had such a resurgence in popularity of late, but I have seen her featured on tops in George (ASDA), Matalan and New Look as well. I have just looked her up on Wikipedia and it turns out she is a grand dame – she dates back to the 1930s. I never realised this but she made a cameo appearance in the part-animated film ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit?’. Just this year she was voted second sexiest cartoon character (or ‘secind most-sexiest’, as it says on Wikipedia), with Jessica Rabbit in first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment