Thursday, February 19, 2009

Shapewear

Shapewear, Spanx, granny pants, sucker knickers. Yes ladies, call them what you will (sucker knickers is my favourite, it’s what my friend C refers to them as), every girl needs a pair to smooth you out under dresses, hide muffin tops under jeans, and just generally make you look better in your clothes. I have never tried Spanx and I am sure they are great, but the best ones I have found by far, are by George at Asda (and I have tried Marks & Spencer’s version – not a patch of the George ones). They do several kinds, ranging from big pants to shorts that extend up your body and down your legs. The ones I have are long in the body, but regular ‘pant shape’ on the legs (like a low leg swimsuit). They cost just £8 and wear after wear, wash after wash, they have kept their elasticity and shape. I throw them in the washing machine and the tumble dryer and they come out fine. I feel like I have a corset on when wearing them and my waist feels tiny, which is a great confidence booster. I would definitely recommend you to try them out if you are looking for some shapewear underwear without breaking the bank on price or skimping on quality.

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to try them but I hear they're fabulous for keeping a slim shape under your clothes

    I do the Bella Belly Band thing because it keeps my unbuttoned jeans up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pair of Magic Knickers from Primark the ones that basically go from knee to bra. Awesome things, they really smooth out my lumps and bumps. Think I paid about £6 for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spanx are rubbish, I bought a pair to go to wedding last year but they were the thigh shaping ones and the legs came down below the knee so I couldn't wear them with a skirt, plus you could see where they pinched in. Stick with the cheaper M&S ones!

    ReplyDelete