Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Outfit: Navy Blue



My other new footwear of the week. This outfit reminds me of being in the 6th form at school. We had to wear navy skirts, blazers and sweaters, with a white blouse. Most of the girls wore black tights and shoes but even back then I liked to co-ordinate and so I teamed my uniform with navy tights and shoes. My English teacher once told me how much better it looked than black. She was right. Some nights after school I would just switch my skirt for a pair of jeans rather than completely changing out of uniform. And some nights I would just switch my sweater and leave on my school skirt. Being at boarding school meant you didn’t have to go outside if you didn’t want to – no waiting at a cold bus stop for instance – as the library where we did prep (homework) in the evening was on the floor below the girls’ dorms, and the dining hall where we had tea & supper was below that.
I was going to get rid of this sweater but I’m glad I didn’t as the sleeve length is great (I have the sleeves pulled up slightly today to show some white cuff).

Navy rib sweater – Gap
White shirt – Long Tall Sally
Jeans – Gap
Navy shoes – New Look (charity shop)

Total Est. Cost £100

7 comments:

  1. Looks good.

    Are the shoes a New Look 8? I think they call a 41 an 8 (I'm with you - 42 is a proper 8!). Do you not find them a little tight?

    This whole shoe size business is very confusing - I'm a 9(42) at Faith and an 8(42) at Next!

    Saw some lovely plain black hidden pump shoes in M&S the other day with their Insolia design (very comfortable) but cannot find them in an 8 anywhere - grrr, don't you just hate that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    The shoes are a New Look 8(41). I would usually take a 42 but sometimes a 41 will fit me, it's just a case of trying them on. I often find New Look's shoes to be on the big side.

    Asda's size 8s are a 42.

    Have you tried the M&S website for the shoes you saw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow boarding school - How English!! Nice sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layered look of a collared shirt under a fitted sweater. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I've tried online and in about 5 different stores now.

    These are the shoes and I REALLY want them in a size 8.

    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41qs6TVUItL._SX280_SH35_.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies.

    Smudge, those are nice. Try phoning M&S, they will be able to locate the shoes for you if any of their stores have them and send them to a store near you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! I want those shoooooooooes!

    ReplyDelete