Friday, September 26, 2008

Outfit: Change of A-Dress






It’s amazing how a simple alteration can give a whole new lease of life to an article of clothing. Yesterday afternoon I picked up two dresses from the alterations lady in the village that I had taken to be shortened. This is one of them. It used to fall below the knee and something was preventing me from wearing it, probably the awkward length – it just didn’t really look right with anything. It only cost me 99p from a charity shop in the first place but I love it because the sleeves are lovely and long. So I decided to get it shortened so it would work over jeans and on it’s own with tights or leggings. And I am pleased to report that I am delighted with the results. It’s like I have a whole new dress and I intend to get plenty of wear out of it now.

Green/teal dress – Florence + Fred at Tesco (charity shop)
Black leggings – Long Tall Sally
Burgundy cami – Topshop
Green suede boots – River Island
Teal necklace – Scope

Total Est. Cost £37.50

4 comments:

  1. You look lovely. I think I must hunt out a seamstress. I do have a sewing machine which is Ok for basics but for complicated lined stuff it needs to be done properly.
    And what a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    My sewing machine has decided to stop working for some reason - it just snaps the thread if you try to sew.
    I could have hand sewed this myself but it's stretch fabric and it's just easier if someone else does it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and i have to say your fashion style is great,i especially love all your poloneck jumpers and your amazing boots,you look really snug and ready for our british winter(if there is any difference between our seasons these days).Like you new hairdo by the way.

    ReplyDelete