Friday, August 29, 2008

Why I Love: My Gap Left-Weave Jeans

I bought these jeans about 3 or 4 years ago I think (see today’s outfit picture). At the time ‘Left Weave’ was the Gap’s big jeans-marketing campaign. “It’s just a gimmick” said the young man when I told him that the denim was softer because of the left weave. But really, it wasn’t. These jeans have no stretch in them, yet they are the most comfortable jeans I have ever owned. The length is perfect – the can be worn with flats and also with a low heel. They fit me well and I always feel great in them. They are my favourite pair of jeans and have been for some time now.
But here’s the thing. They are now irreplaceable. For all the fuss the Gap made about left weave at the time, it is now nowhere to be seen. And since the Gap in the UK reduced the length of their long leg length, I can no longer purchase their jeans at all as they are now too short. Oh and did I mention that the US website which carries all the Tall sizes does not ship to the UK?
My beloved jeans have already started to wear out so I will just have to patch them up as best I can until they fall apart completely.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought some left weave jeans on eBay, and I was lucky enough to be studying abroad in the UK for this semester, otherwise I would have had to pay for shipping to the states. I never knew why I loved my few pair that I had so much, and then I remembered the slogan "left is right" and looked up left weave jeans, and have become obsessed in a search since then. They are impossible to find, and I've even e-mailed The Gap to see if they were coming back sometime, which I have no idea WHY they aren't, because I think they would fly off the shelves like mad. But do try eBay, I've found there are usually a pair or 2 of ladies [I'm not sure what size you are] for sale on there. Good luck, and perhaps next summer or sometime soon they will realize once again that "left" is the right choice to make :)

    -Michael-

    ReplyDelete