Monday, August 18, 2008

Outfit: Back to Work Monday



My holiday is over but fortunately next Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK so I’ve really only one full week to work then a long weekend. I think I can cope with that! I put on my new skirt this morning as going back to work is so much easier when you have something new to wear. I also went for coloured tights rather than flesh coloured ones and I’m glad I did as it’s raining and windy and not overly warm. I almost put knee high boots on when I saw the rain but thought that would be overkill since it’s still August.

Black sweater – Long Tall Sally
Teal skirt – H&M
Teal tights – Accessorize
Black patent shoes – Matalan
Teal heart necklace – Scope
Teal & silver bangles – Accessorize

Total Est. Cost £58

6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of matching tights and skirt. I'm kind of glad the weather isn't all that hot, I love dressing for autumn in lots of funky tights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that you wear a lot of long, tall sally - how do their sizes run? I'm a dorothy perkins addict on ebay, and was wondering if you wear the same size in both stores?

    TIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not a bank holiday in all of the UK. None for Scotland :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiragirl: You know what? I kind of agree with you about the weather! And I love tights too, I was so excited to wear them yesterday.

    Anonymous: Long Tall Sally sizes are pretty good I would say. I wear a 12-14 top in Dorothy Perkins and a 12 top in LTS. 14 bottoms in both. Long Tall Sally has better sleeve and leg lengths than the DP Tall range, and each garment is better proportioned overall. However it is more expensive, that's why I'm forever scouring eBay for a bargain!
    Check out the rest of my shopping links for more tall retailers.

    Jules: Sorry, I just assumed it was the whole of the UK. How come it's not in Scotland? Have you had a 'summer' bank holiday already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had our bank holiday on the first Monday in August, but all of the banks are closed this monday, but everything else is business as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I agree the tights and skirt look good, and the colour is gorgeous. I'm going to try that, thanks for the look :)

    ReplyDelete