Friday, August 22, 2008

Gah!

So, anyone else seen Christmas items for sale yet in your part of the world? I was in my local cheapo card shop yesterday and they were putting out Christmas cards. Half of one wall was full of Christmas cards. On August 21st. I asked the girl on the till why they were putting out Christmas cards in August and she said 'well it's the first day innit, we've got to get them out'. I didn't enquire as to what it was the first day of. As far as I'm aware there are still only 12 days of Christmas, not 120! I then asked whether anyone actually buys Christmas cards in August and she said 'well no one's bought any today...'
No, I thought, that would be because it's AUGUST!

Also, if I see a Christmas tree in a pub before the end of August (I saw one on August 29th two years ago), I will be complaining to the manager!

1 comment:

  1. About a week ago I went to a garden center and walked into a grotto!!! There were Christmas trees and fake snow - unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete