Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bored of ‘Summer’

I was looking back at the last two years on my blog last night and at around this time each year the same thing happens: I get bored of ‘summer’. I long to be able to wear a winter coat and boots without sweltering, and all of the new fall looks start to filter into the magazines and shops, making me covet greys and browns and sweater dresses. Last year, because of all the rain, many of my boots had to be dug out long before July was out. This year has been wet, but not as wet as last year I don’t think. Certainly we have not seen such widespread flooding as last year (though Northern Ireland got it in the neck about 2 weeks ago) but we have still had more than our fair share of rain. All this has meant a distinct lack of summer and little or no opportunity to wear any summer clothes. It just hasn’t been sunny or warm enough. I bought a new dress back in about May, and I think I have worn it twice, both times with a cardi over the top for warmth. You will have noticed that I have already started with the coloured tights. That is because it has just not been warm enough to go bare-legged. I know this will attract comments from people admonishing me for wishing ‘summer’ away, but really, the way it’s been behaving this year, will we really be all that sad to see it go?

1 comment:

  1. Whoops. I lost my comment. I'll start again. I was saying I usually hate the end of summer but this year I can't wait to wear my warmer clothes. Maybe its because I know I can't buy any more new summer clothes!!

    ReplyDelete