Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend Recap

For the first time in ages, I had Friday night free. I dropped the young man off in the city for a stag party, and then returned home to enjoy my evening in the garden and then later in the house when the thunderstorm arrived.

Saturday the young man went back to the stag do (it was an all weekend thing but he’d opted to just stay over Saturday night) and my sister came round. We walked up to the local retail park and wandered around the shops. I was surprised to find a couple of Tall items in the Next sale, and for research purposes, tried on a pair of trousers. I am pleased to report that they were very long, much more than the 35” inside leg that the catalogue and website claims that they are. I will definitely be ordering something from Next once I return from New York. My outfit on Saturday was just cropped jeans and a white tank as it was so hot, paired with my yellow flats for shopping and with bronze flip flops the rest of the time.

Sunday I went to church in the morning and by the time I got back at dinner time, the young man was home. We spent a lazy afternoon in the house and garden and then headed out to the pub to meet some friends for a meal, drinks and some games of pool. Sunday evening’s outfit was the same as Wednesday night’s, except I wore cropped jeans instead of full length ones.

Sunday morning outfit:

Black & white striped dress – charity shop
Red belt – Next
Black peep toe shoes – New Look (charity shop)
Red beads – eBay
Red & cream bangles – gift from a friend

Total Est. Cost £15

2 comments:

  1. Love that dress! I really need to make the time to go thrifting again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber. I love thrifting, it's so much fun not knowing what you might find.

    ReplyDelete