Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Review: BaByliss Pro 210 Ceramic Worldwide Hair Straighteners

Following the dramatic demise of my GHDs last month, I am still waiting for the young man to see whether he can fix them. In the meantime I have borrowed my sister’s spare pair (she bought a multi-region/voltage pair before a trip to the US earlier in the year). They are BaByliss Pro 210 Ceramic Worldwide ones. Having been spoilt with my GHDs for the past 6 or so years, I was fully expecting these not to live up to my expectations and guess what? They don’t! However, for a cheaper pair of straighteners they are not at all bad. They have ceramic coated plates and if used slowly, they are pretty good. There is a tendency for my hair to go a bit static from using these straighteners but this is vastly improved by using some kind of product on it – currently I am alternating John Frieda’s Weather Works and Trevor Sorbie’s Straightening Addict styling spray. The BaByliss straighteners take longer to heat up than I’m used to, but then what other brand beats the 7 second heating time of GHDs? I am desperate to get my GHDs back but in the meantime these are a viable alternative for a lower priced pair, especially if you plan on visiting the US. I know I’ll be taking these to New York with me in October.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your straighteners! Something I have done so many times to!
    As a hair stylist, I get quite a few tips on where to buy from and I can recommend a popular site to buy pink ghds from. This is where I tend to buy from as they give the cheapest price from reliable and well known retailers.
    Hope this helps, if you haven't found any yet.

    ReplyDelete