Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nail Polish

As you can see from the picture below, I finally painted my nails last night. I have never been one to keep my nails painted constantly (not my finger nails anyway) but just the knowledge that I couldn’t paint them last week was enough to make me really want to do it.
I remember the first nail polish I ever owned. I was about 10 or 11 and had been given a Tinkerbell set that included a very pale pink lipstick and some pink nail polish. I also acquired the same kind of polish in a dark purple from somewhere, perhaps another birthday present. The nail polish was called ‘brush on, peel off’ which a) can’t have been great for your nails, and b) peeled off when it got knocked, rather than when you wanted it to. But it kept my mother happy. She has never been one for cosmetics so she didn’t have any nail varnish remover and with this type of polish, had no need to buy any. I recall liking the purple better of the two shades and the polish I am wearing today reminds me of that colour, in fact it’s what made me think of those Tinkerbell polishes after all this time.
The polish I’m wearing today is Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Royal Romance. I put on one coat and it covered well, and dried quickly which to me is an important quality in a nail polish.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god! Tinkerbell! I loved their sets - I can actually smell them now you've reminded me of them! My first Tinkerbell nail varnish was pale pink too, and I loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just Googled it and I don't think it exists any more. Little girls of today don't know what they're missing.

    ReplyDelete