Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wanted: A New Winter Coat

Yes, I know this is not the best time to decide that I want a new winter coat. Shops have either got all of their new season items in or what’s left on the sale rack is either tiny or large, nothing in between. I think this is part of my whole ‘I’m bored with winter now’ thing that I talked about a few weeks ago. Part of the problem is that I saw the perfect coat at the beginning of the winter and didn’t buy it at the time due to the price. And now I am kicking myself for not doing so because of course it sold out in everything but a size 20 by the time it was reduced in the January sale. It was a tall ¾ length, in a lovely shade of bluey-teal. So I’m vowing here and now: next autumn when I see a fabulous coat that is not brown, black or grey and fits me perfectly, I will buy it then and there because waiting will more than likely mean missing out.

2 comments:

  1. I am also absolutely desperate for a new winter coat, and have been for months now, but I just couldn't find anything I liked enough to justify the expense. Then, similarly to your story, I found the coat of my dreams on eBay a few weeks ago, watched it for ten days ... and then forgot to bid. Gah. So now I am also determined that if I see one I like I WIlL buy it instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just got my Ebay access back so at least that's an out-of-season option now. And that's so the sort of thing I would do on ebay! I'm watching a bunch of stuff now so I'll have to decide whether to bid or not shortly.

    ReplyDelete