Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Outfit: Pink & Brown




No picture yesterday. It was Easter Monday, another bank holiday in the UK. I wore my blue empire line top from Dorothy Perkins with a white long sleeve t underneath (it was cold and there were more flurries of snow), with dark skinny jeans from Gap and my blue Ethel Austin flat shoes. I didn’t do anything particularly exciting, just the weekly shop at Tesco in the morning and then running a few errands in the afternoon to buy a wedding gift for a friend and a new alarm clock for me, as my old one picked this weekend to die.

So, on to today: I decided to stick with the pink theme (read: couldn’t be bothered to change over my handbag) and so planned an outfit around these shoes that I haven’t worn for a while. I only have this one pair of sling backs and they work best with a skirt as the hem of your trousers gets caught between your heel and the shoe if you wear the shoes with trousers. I knew it would be cold again so I opted for a knitted dress, but I now wish I’d put a long sleeve layer underneath it as I’m a bit chilly (story of my life!).

Apologies for the picture quality – the sun was shining in and so has made the whole thing rather dark. I’ve put up a picture of the dress on its own so you can see it more clearly.

Brown knit dress – Long Tall Sally
Brown tights – Dorothy Perkins
Brown & pink sling back shoes - Faith
Pink belt – charity shop

2 comments:

  1. The dress is gorgeous and I love the colour combo of brown and pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's a combination that's dictated by the shoes and one I don't think would have occurred to me without them.

    ReplyDelete