Thursday, February 14, 2008

Magazine Addict

Hi, my name is Shoegal and I am addicted to magazines. In a typical month I would usually buy:
Company
Cosmo (UK)
Look (weekly)
Elle (UK)
Glamour (UK)
Glamour (US)
Lucky

I think it’s time to cut back. As I’ve stated before, I prefer the US magazines to the British ones so Look, Elle UK and Glamour UK are all out of here. Company I have on subscription paid for by my mum, and Cosmo I subscribe to for half price so it makes sense to keep those two. I may buy a UK publication on the odd occasion I have nothing to read at lunchtime at work, but I am not going to buy them regularly any more. Instead I will look for fashion books and style guides in charity shops. A magazine costs around £3 and gets receycled at the end of the month. A book in a charity shop is about £1.99 (sometimes less) and will last forever. I already have 3 of the Trinny and Susannah ‘What Not To Wear’ books secondhand (one of them is signed) and it’s only a matter of time before the ‘Body Shape Bible’ and the many other similar books make it into the secondhand market. For along with the plethora of New Look shoes, there is usually a Trinny & Susannah book to be found in most charity shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment