Monday, January 14, 2008

Smart and Shallow

My friend Bec and I were talking on Friday night about how different our blogs are. She writes about how she can live more generously, or she reviews the intellectual book she’s been reading this week and I write about shoes, what I’m wearing and shopping. We decided our blogs balance each other out though, like Yin and Yang. And whilst I may seem to be the shallow one, I do enjoy a good book as much as the next person and through Bec’s influence I now automatically say no to carrier bags in shops.
Any one who has read ‘Some Like It Haute’ by the fabulous Julie K L Dam will recognise the central character Alex’s mantra “smart and shallow”. I think it’s one I should adopt for myself as I know I can come across as shallow for my love of style and shoes and my obsession with what I’m wearing, but I also know that I not, in fact, shallow.

2 comments:

  1. Heehee, I don't think you're shallow! Your blog is concerned with the aesthetic qualities of couture, dahling! It's a highly relevant commentary on modern fashion culture.

    By the way, I like to think your blog has influence my choice in clothes, so it works both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon! Glad I could be of help to you and love that comment!

    ReplyDelete