Friday, December 21, 2007

How This Blog Has Affected Me: An End of Year Reflection

I have been blogging here for 18 months now and just want to share a few thoughts with you. Looking at a photograph of yourself each day certainly helps you to see which outfits work and which don’t. And the same goes for hairstyles.

Then there’s the interactive element. I read a ton of blogs each day (see the links at the side) and although you clearly don’t ‘know’ each author, you do get to feel you know a little about each and every one of these fabulous individuals, be it through their sense of style, a ‘tag’ challenging them to reveal something random about themselves or just through the writing in their posts. And it’s good to leave them comments either complementing their style or simply agreeing or disagreeing with something they have said.

Which brings me to comments on my own blog. It is true that your self esteem soars with nice comments. Especially when it’s a complement about an outfit you weren’t sure about, or reassurance when you think you look fabulous but are not so sure what others will think (and it doesn’t help when you have a boyfriend who does not appreciate much of what you wear, and dislikes your new hair cut).

2 comments:

  1. Dear Shoegal - you have inspired me in your year of blogging. I visit and adore your shoe collection and your outfits to compliment them. I think I have been wiser and more daring with my footwear choices because of you. Heck, I just ordered two pairs of tall boots before visiting your blog!

    I hope you have a very merry holiday and many many more months/years of posting here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think that is the nicest comment I have received yet on here. I'm glad I could be of inspiration to you and I look forward to seeing pictures of your new boots when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete