Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dresses

I am loving dresses this spring. I was never a dress wearer in the past, I’ve had trouble finding a style to fit me as I am sometimes as much as a size larger on the bottom than on the top, meaning that what fit on one half was either too big or too small on the other half. At university I used to joke that one day I’d own a shop that sold dresses that were different size on the top and bottom – it can’t be just me that has this trouble, right? But this year dresses with a wider bottom (or no structure at all) have been widely available and they are perfect for pear shaped girls like me.
Whilst the tunic/smock look is still huge, I prefer something with a little more shape to it. So let’s see what the high street has to offer us.

First up, Topshop. My favourite colour is blue so this Lace Detail V Neck for £38 is perfect for me.


Maxi dresses are popular too this year, and this one has a retro print to match the 70s style of the dress. This is also £38.

I saw nothing I liked at Miss Selfridge but to make up for it, over at Dorothy Perkins I could spend a LOT of money!
Blue flower dress, £30 (also available in green)

Pink & black print dress, £30

Pink pleat jersey dress, £15 (also available in green)


Black & white print dress, £30

Dark red embroidered dress, £30

Pink flower print linen dress, £15 (this one really reminds me of the drawstring bag I had to carry my PE kit in infant school!)


Warehouse is more expensive but look at the bead detailing on this cream silk dress. Perfect for a wedding or evening event, it’s £85.
For a daytime look from the same store, try this black and white number, £55.

This palm print is pretty, £40. I think I would always be wary of some joker thinking it was funny to untie the straps though!
As is this silk print dress, £60

If you are looking for something to wear for a wedding, or even in which to dress your bridesmaids, check out Warehouse as the choice is vast.

No comments:

Post a Comment