Monday, April 30, 2007

Charity Shop Bargains!

On Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon I went scouring the local charity shops. Sometimes I get lucky and find all sorts, and sometimes there’s nothing I like.

On Friday I bought:

The top in Saturday’s outfit picture, £4.99 in British Heart Foundation (BHF)
This Florence + Fred (Tesco) dress, 99p (yes, you read that right, 99p! The local St Gemma’s Hospice shop sells all its clothes at 99p). You can’t tell from the terrible dark picture but it has a flowery pattern on it in maroon and black.


On Saturday I bought:
New Look shoes, £4.99 in Oxfam

Stripy dress, £4.99 in a different BHF shop. It has no label in it but the waist is in the perfect place for me suggesting it has come from somewhere selling tall clothes.)

Two necklaces, one bright pink, one a dark blue heart, £1 each in Scope. (All the jewellery in my local Scope is £1 per item, and it’s new, not second hand.)


Yes I know I’m not meant to be shopping at the moment but I spent £18 in all (and that’s all I’ve spent on clothes/shoes since the end of January), and got 2 dresses, a top, 2 necklaces and a pair of shoes, plus, all the money went to charity. So I think I can be excused this one lapse! But that’s it now for another 3 months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment