Monday, November 13, 2006

The Shoes That Got Away

Two weeks ago I ordered these beauties from Office online.


At £20 for real suede, in a 9 and in my favourite blue, I thought that was a bargain too good to miss. But this morning an email arrived in my inbox telling me that these shoes would never be mine – they are out of stock and Office will not be getting anymore in (so Office why is your website telling me they are still available??).

But all is not lost. Last week I was informed that Faith have a sale on and these were reduced to almost half price.



So I bought them to replace a horrid synthetic pair I’ve had since my student days and gave to the Oxfam shop today (one woman’s trash, right?), and once they arrive I may get over my loss!

2 comments:

  1. Don't know if you've read my response to your comment on my blog earlier today, but I am ready to declare nuclear war against Office. I ordered my four pairs at the end of October, and they've been faffing about since :( Three calls to their office (hoho) haven't resolved the issue, and my grrr-ness is gradually increasing :/

    I'm sorry that you weren't able to get those shoes, because they are madly beautiful. I'm just glad that your boots worked out!!

    (and I'm considering never ordering from Office online again - those shoes are STILL up there as available!! Dodgy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will reply to the email they sent me and ask why the shoes are still showing as available on their website!

    ReplyDelete