Monday, October 09, 2006

Vintage Skirt


I am always reading on other people’s blogs about cool things they have found whilst raiding their mother’s wardrobe. This is not really a possibility for me as my mother is considerably shorter than me, and a different shape with smaller feet. So ‘borrowing’ shoes is out and I didn’t think I would ever get any of her clothes handed down either. But on a trip home on Friday night, I went through the wardrobe in my old room and found this skirt. My mother gave it to me years ago and I have worn it a few times but I had totally forgotten about its existence. I’m not sure if the print is too much (it’s a bit darker than it looks in the picture) now though. It's truly vintage though, dating back to about 1975/76.
I also found a skirt of my own that I didn’t know I still had – it’s long and grey and knitted – perfect for this season.
Actually, now I think about it, I was once given another skirt that used to belong to mother. It was a houndstooth pencil skirt that would also have been perfect for this season but I have not seen it for years. I'm guessing it was given to charity at some point but I can't remember. I am fast learning never to throw out anything like that as it will always come back into fashion sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment