Thursday, October 19, 2006

Topshop



I’m lacking inspiration at the moment so over the next few days I’ll post a couple of items from each of my favourite shops. And I’ll start with Topshop. Topshop has come in for much criticism recently in the fashion blogs, be it for letting Kate Moss design a clothing line or its high prices. I have to agree with the high prices argument. Take a look at this blue coat for example. Yes it’s beautiful (and not such a strange texture as this picture shows, something strange happened to it when I saved it), but it’s 75% cotton, 25% polyamide and looks like it has cropped sleeves, yet still it’s £95! Now people, it’s almost Winter. In Britain. It’s going to get cold! I for one would certainly not consider spending that amount of money on a coat, in the Winter, that is not mostly made of wool. And I certainly wouldn’t spend that amount of money on a summer coat.
Secondly, we have this adorable little skirt. It’s a very reasonable £28, the sort of price you would expect to pay in Topshop. It’s from the Tall range but is also available in a regular length. It’s cute, it picks up on the plaid trend for this winter and would look great over thick tights with boots.
Yes the prices in Topshop have increased in some areas, but I will almost certainly continue to shop there as it’s one of the few places on the high street where I can find trousers long enough for me.

UPDATE: I went in to Topshop last night and saw this coat hung in the window display. The fabric feels like something my Grandma would have worn 20 years ago, and the one on display was covered in pulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment