Thursday, October 05, 2006

Insomnia: I Can't Get No Sleep!

I had real trouble getting to sleep last night. I think it was a combination of factors: I was out and drank 3 cups of fairly strong tea, then drove home and went straight to bed with no time to relax and unwind. Also, I had various outfit options running through my head, namely: what shall I wear on Friday for work followed by a hair appointment followed by tea with my parents followed by youth work. Getting up and writing down the combinations running through my head didn’t help, I couldn’t get settled. So in the end I had to resort to my failsafe getting to sleep trick: my Enya CD. I don’t know what it is about this music, perhaps it’s the calming chant-like singing and Celtic influences, but I guarantee you, play ‘The Best of Enya’ from track 7 (the earlier tracks are too well known and livelier) at a very low volume, lying in bed in the dark, and you will be asleep by the end of the disc.
As for my outfit for tomorrow? You’ll have to check back tomorrow to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment