Friday, October 20, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

I went to see this movie last night and it was completely fabulous! I’m not going to review it just yet as I am aware that it’s not been out that long and not everyone will have seen it so I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. Suffice to say that the opening scene shows a bunch of women getting dressed for work and putting on all manor of fantastic shoes. When I saw that I knew it was going to be my kind of movie. If you enjoyed Sex and the City, especially the episode at the end of season 4, ‘A Vogue Idea’ where Carrie starts work at Vogue magazine, you’ll love this movie. It’s funny, and fashionable, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone with an interest in fashion and glossy magazines.

4 comments:

  1. It's good fun, isn't it :) I had the privilege of attending the premiere in London, and it was well worth the effort I had to put into getting there (from Glasgow!)!

    That said - do you think Anne Hathaway (who I honestly *do* like) was completely out-acted by Meryl and Emily Blunt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she was bound to be out-acted by Meryl Streep given Meryl's long career and vast experience. I will definitely be seeing this movie again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it too...I am scouring the net for the red mohair coat I saw in one scene in a shop window. Any ideas who made it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea, sorry, but if you go to www.shinyfashionforums.com and register (if you're not already a member) and ask the question there, someone is bound to know!

    ReplyDelete