Friday, October 06, 2006

Choosing An Outfit

When I’m picking an outfit I usually start with the shoes and work from there. My young man thinks this is bonkers but I have my reasons. Firstly, I am such a shoe addict that often there is a new or favourite pair that I am dying to wear (“you know I don’t play favourites with my shoes, but these were very special” – Carrie Bradshaw, ‘A Woman’s Right To Shoes’ SATC Season 6). Secondly, there is often the consideration of ‘how far do I have to walk today?’ This determines the height of the heel I can wear, thus limiting the shoe choice. One the heel height has been determined, only certain jeans/trousers can be paired with the chosen shoe, eg. some jeans are too long/short for the heel height. Then it’s a case of ‘what top goes with these trousers/jeans’ and so it goes on. Perhaps I am bonkers or do other people think like this?!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're bonkers but then I'm your sister so I'm allowed to!!!!

    ReplyDelete