Monday, September 04, 2006

Packing Light

So, I have finally booked a holiday (I go a week on Friday so it’s just as well it’s booked now!). I am off to Crete and I am really going to try to do the ‘capsule wardrobe’ thing but this never goes according to plan! I intend to stick to basics – neutral colours of shorts & trousers, denim skirts and white or black t-shits (with maybe a little blue thrown in for good measure as that’s my colour). I will only take what I know I will wear and I will make the effort to wear everything I take. I intend to take plenty of jewellery for accessorising, and will try to minimise my shoes but with so many options to choose from, I fear this area will be my down fall! Also I am one of those girls for whom matching underwear is something of a necessity, but that does rather increase the number of bras you have to pack. Perhaps I shall forgo that luxury for a week, or at least minimise by taking only the bras that have multiple matching pants.
Does anyone have any tips for packing light, or compiling a capsule wardrobe – I am pretty rubbish at it! I will report back on my success/failure on my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment