Thursday, September 07, 2006

My Next Shoe Purchase?

Guess what? I’m considering my next shoe purchase already!! I think I need help! I was in Marks & Spencer the other day and they have a new line of shoes featuring something called ‘Insolia Technology’ which, according to the M&S website, ‘work[s] by moving weight back to your heel for better body alignment and balance; your legs and back feel less tired; there’s less pressure on the front of your feet; your feet stay comfy, all day’. The ‘more information’ box reveals the following:

New Insolia Technology
A contoured insert under the heel and arch of the insole cradles the foot increasing stability and spreading the wearer's weight over a larger area of the insole reducing the tendency for the foot to move forward and therefore reducing forefoot pressure, increasing ankle stability, improving posture and helping the shoe to remain comfortable throughout the day.
Insolia technology doesn't rely on foam padding to give comfort and will therefore last the lifetime of the shoe.
The benefits of the technology are applicable to all heights of heel above 4cm but will be more apparent to the wearer on shoes with higher heel heights.


Now, I did try a pair on in the store (some lovely brown lace ups with a 3-3½” stacked heel, I’d show you but guess what? They’re not on the website!) and it did feel as though I was standing more on my heels than usual. So I’m thinking this has to be a good thing, right? I mean, Scholl Party Feet are fantastic but they can only do so much. And if these shoes are going to be good for my feet, legs, posture, I can’t see a reason not to buy them. And did I mention they were a mere £39.50?

No comments:

Post a Comment