Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hats

I firmly believe that you are either a hat person or you or not. By that I mean you can either wear hats and look great in them, or you can’t wear them, there’s no middle ground. It may have something to do with face shape, I don’t know. Take my sister and me for example. I love hats, they really suit me and my face is long. My sister on the other hand, just looks ridiculous in them! (Yes, that is harsh; but ask her, she’ll tell you the same thing.) Her face is smaller, more rounded, and hats just don’t suit her. So why all the hat talk? I bought 2 new ones last night. Most winters I stick with my bakerboy-style caps but this year I thought I’d give the beret a go. And at £4 in George, can I really go wrong? The other purchase last night was a large, wide brimmed sun hat in preparation for my impending trip to Crete, reduced in Marks & Spencer to the bargain price of £5. I decided baseball caps just won’t cut it. It is made of coils of blue fabric and what looks like beige raffia but I don’t think it actually is raffia. All the same, being a hat person it looks rather fabulous on!

No comments:

Post a Comment