Thursday, August 24, 2006

So I Caved...

Yesterday I wore my black knee high boots. I was determined not to bring them out in August (see my earlier post) but the weather has been so wet and rainy recently that I couldn’t bear to wait any longer. I teamed them with my black shirt dress, turquoise bangles and bare legs though for a more summery feel. I suppose now is a good time to make use of knee high boots without having to wear tights with them.
My boots are lovely by the way and I have tried in vain to find a picture of them on the web so I will have to tell you about them instead. They are leather throughout, including the soles, and are by Arturo Chiang. The heel is straight, slim and high, about 3 ½ inches I would say and looks like it’s been put on backwards – ie. It’s rounded at the front and straight down at the back. The toe is pointed but not too much. I bought them in Century 21 in New York almost 3 years ago and I still love them!

1 comment:

  1. I've worn my knee-high leather boots a few times this summer, and I'll be wearing them even more now that the weather is slowly beginning to cool off. I have the "Main Squeeze" boots by Seychelles, in a light chocolate brown....like milk chocolate. They have a stacked heel and a really cool bow/pleating detail in the same leather at the top of the boot. Definitely a good choice to wear with a short or knee-length skirt/dress and bare legs until it gets colder.

    ReplyDelete