Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My New Dress



I am love, love, loving my new black shirt dress. It’s a cotton number from George at ASDA, has short sleeves and quite a full skirt (very similar to the one pictured on the left). I haven’t had anything with such a full skirt since I was about 8 and had this wonderful little white skirt with dark pink spots and a matching blouse from the Ladybird collections at Woolworths. I loved that skirt, you could twirl in it and it would fly out at almost a 90° angle. I was tempted to do a twirl today, right in the middle of the car park but thought better of it. I was never really a dress person, I had it in my head that they don’t fit me and this is still true of more fitted styles as I am slightly bigger on the bottom than on the top. But a dress in this style is perfect for me, as I discovered with my Next Prom-style dress (pictured right) that I purchased earlier in the summer and am loving still. It has a cream belt with it but I found it a little low cut to wear on it’s own for work (though I may do so on holiday next month, with a well positioned safety pin or two) so I bought a length of blue tape to use as a belt and wear a blue vest underneath it, and a blue shrug over it if it’s a little chilly and complete the look with blue shoes, of course! Who know I could become such a dress girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment