Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Evans, A Previously Untapped Shoe Resource


The other week, I had something of a shoe revelation – Evans! I don’t know why I’ve never bought shoes there before – maybe I associated it with knee high boot for those of us that have calves wider than average (though that would probably be a useful attribute for a boot not that tucking your jeans in is so popular) but it’s a veritable wonderland, especially for girls like me with big feet (I’m an 8/9). Just take a look at their sizing chart http://www.evans.ltd.uk/promostores/Evans/index.html?make_live=yes&promo=
(actually that probably won’t work due to it being one of those Flash sites but everything is at http://www.evans.ltd.uk/ ), where else does a UK8 equal an Euro 43??!!!! And they’re comfy too thanks to the magical flexisoles. Yes they are wider fitting but not as wide as you may think. I’ve always thought of myself as having narrow feet and I didn’t have a problem.
Like the rest of the high street, Evans have a sale on at the moment and I got some incredible bargains - £100 worth of shoes for just £29, so I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself too. So I would encourage all girls with larger size feet to take a look, there were plenty of sizes 8, 9 & 10 in the sale in my local store.
P.S. The shoes pictured above are some of the ones I bought. My boyfriend was terribly rude about them, called the colour 'hearing aid beige'! What does anyone else think?

1 comment:

  1. Shoes look fine, shame about the colour, your boyfriend is right, it remainds me of the Austin Alegro and Austin Ambassador

    ReplyDelete